Friday, June 7, 2013

     So much time has passed...so many hours have gone by since I first wrote the two entries here. I have spent hours trying to find my way on this journey I have begun. It is true that ruin does lead to transformation. When everything that you have valued has been torn into pieces, you have to cease to exist or find a new beginning...another new beginning. Once again, it was a complete surprise. I simply walked into a building one day and found myself. It did not happen that quickly. I remember opening the door and the minute I stepped inside I felt like I had come home. Puzzled by this feeling, I kept it to myself like a hidden treasure. I knew there was something waiting for me, but only time would unveil what it was. I kept returning...spending more and more time. I meant the people. I memorized the sounds and smells. I tasted not only the food and drinks but also everything that I could absorb. I was given time to read, relax, rest, but, most of all, just exist and be myself away from everything that had been apart of my life for so many years. It is still a mystery to me, but I no longer try to figure out why I feel this way. I simply accept it. I am thankful for it...more thankful than I can express. It has given me what I needed. And what was waiting for me? Myself. I needed the time to get acquainted with who I really am. All my life I had spent time focusing on other people and their needs. Now it was time for me to meet myself. And at the end of this day, I reflect. I now know myself better than I every have. I am happy with myself. I like who I am. I am not perfect. There are a lot of things that I need to change and I will, but today I am okay with me. At the end of this day, I am my own best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.